Chapel Hill, NC
Located in the center of the thriving downtown community of Raleigh, North Carolina, The Raleigh Convention Center (RCC) is a vibrant hub for technologies, commerce, and culture. This 500,000 square foot building hosts a large variety of exhibits, concerts, sporting events, and more with its grand 32,000-square-foot Ballroom and vast 150,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall. It showcases the iconic oak tree shimmer wall for visitors and travelers to enjoy.
- General Contractor: Barnhill Contracting/Skanska
- Architect: OBA & Clearscapes
- Scope of Work: Aluminum Composite Panels, Single Skin Panels, Louvers and Custom Shimmer Wall
- Market: Government/Municipal
- Square Footage: 500,000 sq ft
- Fun Fact: This oak tree shimmer wall is made up of small metal plates pieces together to swing and “shimmer” as the wind blows